Name of the Resort : Shuktara Nature Resort
Address of the Resort : Uddin Hills, Shahporan Uposhohor,Khadimnagar, Sylhet, Bangladesh
Home : Shuktara Resort is one of most beautiful resort in sylhet. It is an Eco – friendly Retreat in the Hills for families, couples, groups of friends and single travelers seeking adventure or a couple of days of relaxation within a carefree nature retreat, amidst the green hills in Sylhet, only 20 minutes away from the chaos, noise and pollution of the city.
It is situated about 40 kms from the Bangladesh – Indian border of Tamabil – Dawki into Meghalaya, the foothills of the Himalayas.
Shuktara Nature Retreat is an environmentally responsible organization and all efforts are made to achieve this end. All our structures have been crafted by hand using natural and local materials. Solar energy is being used to heat water. All the construction work at Shuktara Nature Retreat has been done by the local people thus providing employment and contributing towards community development and socially responsible tourism.
The Nature Retreat is accessible by air and it is surprisingly easier and quicker to get from Dhaka to Shuktara Nature Retreat than it does to get from one end of Dhaka to the other.
Temperature: Varies from pleasantly cold in autumn & winter, mildly cool and windy in spring, fairly hot in summer and slightly hot, humid and occasionally cool with the showers in monsoon
Suggested Attire: Light cottons during summer, raincoat / wind – cheater handy in monsoon, jacket / shawl / sweater in winter
Security: We at Shuktara value the privacy and freedom of our guests. Security is provided with round the clock security services.
Winter Mid November – Mid February
Spring Mid February – Mid April
Summer Mid April – Mid June
Monsoon Mid June – Mid September
Autumn Mid September – Mid November
Rainfall: 270 to 290 cms. per annum
Languages: Bangla, English, Sylheti dialect
Medical Facility: There will be a doctor on call. The closest hospital is 3 kms away; the Sylhet Medical College and several other private facilities are located in the nearby city about 5 to 7 kms. away.
Location: Shuktara Nature Retreat is situated 7.5 kms from the Sylhet city centre on the Sylhet – Tamabil N2 highway.
By Air: The Osmani International Airport, Sylhet is 20 kms from Shuktara and takes about 35 minutes.
By Rail: The Sylhet Railway Station is 7.5 kms from Shuktara and takes about 25 minutes.
By Intercity Bus: Intercity bus terminal at Humayun Chottor is some 8 kms from Shuktara and takes about 30 minutes. Between 8:00 pm to 8:00 am buses drop passengers at Subhani ghat which is about 6.5 km from Shuktara.
Please get in touch if pick up / drop off is required.
About this Resort :
Shuktara Nature Retreat is a cozy, eco-friendly, leisure and activity retreat located on hills next to Khadim/Burjan tea estates in the north eastern tip of Bangladesh. The retreat is developed by the Murad family who has never formally been part of the hospitality industry but is widely known among their circle of friends and family as being great hosts for opening up their home, earning it the much adored name of ‘Muradia Hotel’.
At Shuktara we love adventure and nature. Our guests can feel relax on hammocks around the retreat with a book in their hand in the various gardens and sit-outs, go bicycling in the surrounding wilderness or take a hike into the tea estates or The Khadim National Park. Children can run around or play badminton, football, cricket and other sports on the grounds, and enjoy looking at the dragonflies, butterflies and fireflies around the hills. Guests can also go boating and swimming on the clear blue Shari river in Lallakhal and the Pi-ain river in Jafflong, besides other site-seeing activities that can be tailor made to their preferences.
As is our motto, we would like to promote art and culture in Bangladesh, and have the good fortune of having on display, two sculptures done by Alak Roy, an internationally renowned sculptor. Majority of our paintings are the work of young Bangladeshi artists and some collected by the owners during their travels. At Shuktara, we believe in serving people like they are our house guests; our employees are therefore appointed based on that attitude so the Shuktara team is engaged in providing the best possible service for a memorable stay here.
The name Shuktara in translation means “Happy Star” and in reality the “North Star” or guiding star, but we have derived it by conjoining the nick-names of both the owners’ fathers’ “Shuku” and “Tara”. Therefore the name “SHUKTARA”
We look forward to seeing you at Shuktara Nature Retreat.
Accommondation facalities : The buildings have been built in order to go along with the topography, which is why the rooms are at various levels. The materials used have been stringently chosen so as to be in harmony with nature and respect it thus giving it a rustic charm. We have consciously recycled whatever materials in use, particularly wood, bricks and some iron & steel. All the rooms have been provided with large private balconies in order to enjoy the breathtaking view of the virgin landscape especially the Khasia Jaintia hills on the horizon.
Presently, there are 3 cottages; 2 with 4 independent rooms having separate entrances. The remaining cottage has 2 interlinked rooms, perfect for families or groups of friends or colleagues. (Total 11 rooms)
• Double or twin beds
• Fully air-conditioned
• Attached bathrooms
• 24 hour solar heated water
• Wooden floors
• All rooms have tea and coffee making arrangements
• The rooms are furnished with locally produced high quality rattan/cane furniture
• All rooms connected with intercom
• Large windows and spacious private balconies provide panoramic views of the landscape and the distant Khasia Jaintia hills.
Accommodation : Ten rooms, Five nature cabins
Other Facilities : Swimming pool, poolside gazebo,Gym and steam bath.
Work to start end 2012 and completion hopefully by winter 2013
Trekking, Cycling and Sight – Seeing in the surrounding Tea Estates, Tea Plucker’s village, the Khadim National Park, and the other places of interest in Sylhet can be arranged with a personal guide if requested.
Sight – seeing by motorized vehicles from Shuktara Nature Retreat
• Tilagarh Reserve Forest 25 minutes
• Jaintia Raajbari Ruins 30 minutes
• Lallakhal, Shari River 35 minutes
• Jafflong, Pi-ain River 40 minutes
• Tamabil–Dawki border 45 minutes
• Ratargul Swamp Forest 1 hour
• Shumshernugger WW II Airport 1 hour 25 minutes
• Lawacherra Forest / Srimongol Tea Estates 1 hour 45 minutes
• Chattak Stone Quarries 2 hours
• Madhobkundo Falls / Juri Valley Tea Estates 2 hours 30 minutes
• Tanguar haor (Ramsar site), Shunamgonj 3 hours
• Hazrat Shahjalal ® Mazaar: 30 minutes
• Hazrat Shahparan ® Mazaar: 10 minutes
Local sites walking distance from Shuktara Nature Retreat
• Tea garden pluckers village 5 minutes
• Hazrat Shah Badar ® Mazaar 15 minutes
• Tea plantations 20 minutes
• Khadim National Park 20 minutes by motorized vehicle or 1 hour walking
• i)Trek A : 45 minutes ii)Trek B : 2 hours
Treks varying between 30 minutes to 4 hours possible
Spicy, aromatic and savoury food is one of the principle pleasures and hospitalities in our country. We strive to uphold that tradition at the Acacia restaurant in Shuktara Nature Retreat. Food is prepared with fresh ingredients and produce grown in the surrounding locality and procured from the local bazaar.
We offer a variety of Bangladeshi, Thai and Indian dishes which change on a regular basis in order to serve what is available during each season.
At Acacia restaurant, food is prepared keeping in mind the discerning taste and health of our valued guests, which means that the chef improvises to provide a nutritional meal. We also serve indigenous food prepared in the age-old style of Sylhet, Chittagong and of the various tribes within Bangladesh (advance order advised). The ‘Acacia’ restaurant has been adorned with the finest Rattan furniture built by a local entrepreneur.
Room & Tariff :
Weekends, National Holidays & Extentions
Large suites: 2 rooms Tk. 6,500 each
Semi suites: 6 rooms Tk. 5,500 each
Family suites: 2 rooms Tk. 5,000 each
Weekday rates 10% discount for all available rooms
• All tariff excluding VAT and other charges
• Buffet breakfast complementary on all days
• Each room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children(1 below age 5) or 3 adults
• No charge for one child below age five. Extra person charge is Tk.1000
• Normal occupancy 2 persons per room
• Check in:1 p.m. Checkout: 12.p.m.
Weekends Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Weekdays Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Booking: Advance booking & a deposit of 50% of the total rent is advised for confirmation. Cancellation charge 50% if notified 72 hours before date. Non deposit bookings are subject to availability.
Drivers & attendants can be put up in nearby accommodations ( @ Tk.500-Tk.800 Rm.) if notified in advance.
With over 7 acres of woods and shrubs to delight our guests, you can be sure we will help you create your ideal event. Natural facilities coupled with all the conveniences that our team can put together, you will never have a dull moment to spare.
• Dining at ‘Acacia’ multi – cuisine, open – air restaurant nestled amongst trees, overlooking the hills with a 180 degree panoramic view of the woodland canopy, is an experience you will remember for a long while to come.
• A relaxing lounge replete with a stone fireplace and comfortable rattan furniture for you to enjoy with a cup of garden fresh tea. The lounge also has a wide screen television.
• A fully air conditioned partially wooden floored interactive library, well stocked with books, magazines, children’s activity books and various board games..
• The expansive patio/party room provides the perfect setting for a meeting, party, conference or any other event.
• A fully air – conditioned 40 person conference room with projector and screen.
• A fully air conditioned mini-home theatre with a selection of choice HD movies.
• “Pipasha” juice bar, located on the top lawn, serves a selection of fresh and thirst quenching juices, shakes and hot drinks along with a host of snacks.
• The large, central rooftop sit-out provides the perfect place to start a barbecue, sing a few songs or contemplate the meaning of life under a starry sky.
• A funicular carriageway has been installed to transport our guests to the hilltop thereby discouraging atmosphere polluting transports coming to the top.
Bonfires and barbecues can be arranged on request.
Transportation for pickups, drops and tours can be arranged on request.
Popular Search Terms:
- sylhet call girl
- sylheti magi
- call girl in sylhet
- call girl sylhet
- sylhet escort
- sylhet magi
- shuktara resort
- resort in sylhet
- escort in sylhet
- sylhet escorts
- sylhet escort service
- escorts in sylhet
- sylhet magi hotel
- escort service in sylhet
- sylheti magi number
- escort sylhet
- sylheti call girl
- bd escott service
- sylhet hotel magi
- sylhet call girls
- escort bd
- sylheti magi phone number
- sylhet magi hotel name
- shuktara resort sylhet
- sylhet magi para
- sylheti magi address
- magi sylhet
- sylhety magi
- www escortbd com
- Call girls in sylhet
- escort bd sylhet
- escort service sylhet
- magi number